Who we are
When it comes to Website Design and Website Development at TrueWizard Media we want you to know that we are not just a web design company we are a digital marketing company.
A well designed website is at the very centre of a digital marketing strategy. Unlike some digital agencies we never forget that when we build websites, we are developing a key marketing tool and while a website is extremely important part of your online marketing strategy it is also part of much larger marketing strategy.
Our Philosophy to Custom Website Design
We have one simple guiding philosophy with all the work we do. You may have heard of it. It is the KISS philosophy, otherwise known as Keep it Simple Simon. Yep Keep it Simple it’s not let us down yet.
The KISS philosophy guides the web site design and development work our web designers do for you.
Our 10 Step Process
When we design and build your website have a 10 step process that guides us. Although we have a clear 10 step process. We are also pragmatic and flexible. We will work with you to come up with an agile, iterative, effective and efficient way of working.
The 10 Steps
The 10 Step Process in Detail
Step 1 - The initial consultation and initial planning
In this step we seek to understand and identify your Business and the “Big Picture”. The Benefits you want to achieve with your website. An outline plan. Where are you now, where do you want to be. What you want. Do you have any constraints, a budget or deadlines.
Step 2 - Define Goals and Objectives
In this step we define the Project Goals and Objectives. We need to be careful when documenting goals and objectives. Remembering our Keep it Simple philosophy. We want to be sure that the goals and objectives meet the SMART criteria. This helps ensure clarity. We will work with you using SMART criteria to make sure that all goals and objectives are:-
Here is an example of a objective that meets the SMART criteria.
“In 3 months from completion we want our website to have an average of at least 100 visitors a month over a 30 day period over the following 3 months.”
This objective is
- Specific, in terms of the number of visitors.
- Measurable, we use Google analytics which provides us with details and numbers of visitors you have to your website.
- Achievable, this is determined by our experience and will be the outcome of discussions with you
- Realistic, achieving this number of visitors 3 months after the website has gone live is realistic
- Timely, we have clearly specified the time and period when we expect this objective to be reached.
Step 3 - Define Requirements
In this step we work together to scope out the work we will be doing and to decide what your detailed requirements are for your website.
These requirements will support the goals and objectives previously decided upon. In general, this is where we will work with you to consider
- What pages should your website have. Most websites will have the following pages:
- Terms and Conditions
- What is are the main purpose of each web page? Is it to inform, educate, require the completion of a task such as fill in a form, make a phone call, send an email.
- The user experience, look and feel, navigation, menu structure, colour scheme, font types and sizes to be used on the website
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Pay per click (PPC)
- Content Management System (CMS). It should be worth noting that all our design solutions use WordPress. We use specific premium paid for themes and plugins. This allows us to build high performing responsive websites.
Step 4 - Project Planning
This is where we decide who does, what, when and in what sequence. We are clear on deliverables, tasks, roles and responsibilities. We identify milestones. We develop a detailed project schedule.
Step 5 - Design
This step involves the drafting, reviewing and reworking of the website components. This is repeated until we are happy with the results. We are guided by the detailed requirements previously defined. The key components of design generally being:-
- Logo Design
- Home Page
- Interior Pages (About, Contact, Services)
- Blog Roll and Blog Post Design
- Content Design and Creation
- Navigation Creation
- Navigation Optimization
- Content Creation and Transfer
- New Content Uploads
- Content SEO
- Image Collecting, Compressing and Posting
- Interior and Home Page Linking
- Social Media Integration and Linking
- Forms Design
Step 6 - Development
This is where we “build” the website. Set up Emails. Set up Google Analytics.
Step 7 - Testing
In this step we test the website to ensure it meets the agreed requirements. Our websites are tested to ensure they are mobile responsive and meet responsive web design criteria. This means they will work equally well on any device be it a desktop computer, a tablet or a mobile phone.
Once we have finished our testing we hand it over to you. This is where you have the opportunity to do your own “User Acceptance Testing” (UAT). Once you are happy we proceed to the next step.
Step 8 - Go Live
We launch your website
Step 9 - Warranty Period
This is a period where we iron out any issues that were not uncovered in testing but which come to light after the website is up and working.
Step 10 - Continuous Improvement
In this step. Which is on-going. We monitor and improve the performance of your website to ensure that it meets your Goals and Objectives
The 10 step process is not an exhaustive list of everything we do when designing and developing a website. It provides a guide to inform you of our structured and flexible approach to developing your website.
As mentioned before we are pragmatic, flexible and adaptable. Our overarching aim is to ensure we meet your goals and objectives.